And now here's the secret (well,the not-so-secret) way WCW won the war:
- Adopting a policy against strong backstage politics. So the chances of getting screwed were minimal.
- Stripping creative control from Hollywood Hogan before Starrcade '97.That's how Sting won cleanly.
- Killing off the nWo early in '98. A lot of people were getting sick of them.
- Creating memorable and exciting feuds.
- WCW screwed itself further when it hired Vince Russo.Well in this Alt.Reality...Russo Is Never Hired!
- Lucha Libre (mexican wrestling) and Puroresu (japanese wrestling) are given a stage...and are pushed.
- The WCW Properly reestablishes it's Women's Division(complete with championship and tag championship).
- Eric Bischoff is forced by Turner Broadcasting to spend their money wisely.
- Giving the Fans ECW-style Hardcore Wrestling in '99.
- Cutting their Roster to 150 wrestlers. Saving them money.
- Cutting down Their C-Show,WCW Saturday Night to 1 Hour and getting rid of the lesser shows.
- Giving Puroresu and Lucha-Libre their own hour on Nitro[the 2nd hour]. Giving American fans more exposure to those styles.
- Giving Bret Hart the respect and recognition he rightfully deserves.
- Negative attack ads on The WWF starting in late '99.
- Having great backstage morale.
- Not giving full creative control to Wrestlers..this includes Kevin Sullivan And (especially) Kevin Nash.
- Not insulting the fans intelligence.
- No Fingerpoke of Doom.
- Pushing deserving talent..especially Deserving Young Talent.
That's how WCW Won the Monday Night War. I hope you enjoyed this trip
into an Alternate Reality...I sure did. We now must return to Our