Hey there, Toonsters!
Since my bro, Stefan did his Top 20 list of cartoon girls, I figure that I do one of my own. This is a Top 20 list, too, but it's a slightly different than Stefan's and I do mean "slightly". Although I like Sailor Moon and Princess Allura from Voltron, they originated from anime, so they are not included in the list because this list is for the girls in AMERICAN cartoons, not anime, no offense Moonface.
Sailor Moon: "None taken."
Anyway, before we get to the list, here is some honorable mentions.
April O'Neil (Original TMNT cartoon): I know there are so many versions of the Ninja Turtles' human friend (from the comics to the cartoons and to the movies). But, I gotta go with the version from the original TMNT cartoon, who is portrayed as a news reporter for Channel 6 News, the one in the yellow jumpsuit. Although she is beautiful and feisty at times, but since she is a reporter, she always gets into trouble, whether it's being captured by the Shredder or when she tries to convince the world that the Turtles are heroes and not villains, especially her boss, Burne Thompson. Now I know how Lois Lane feels. A Typical damsel of distress or D.I.D. as Stefan calls her or any other female character. Despite her flaws, April's heart is always in the right place, especially she knows that the Turtles are heroes, and that is good enough for her.
Desiree (Danny Phantom): The genie ghost, who was once one of the sultan's harem girls, only to die of heartbreak...and old age. When she grants somebody's wish, it mostly ends in disaster. Despite her flaws, Desiree, whether she's a ghost or a sexy harem girl, is the most seductive character in all animation. Although she didn't appear more often like other characters like Ember McClain, Kitty and Penelope Spectra, but thanks to the numerous fanart on Deviantart, from her being a sexy harem girl in her former life to being paired up with Norm the Genie from Fairly OddParents, Desi will never be left out. She can grant my wish anyday. ROAWRR. :D
Now, let's get to the list now.
20. Zatanna (Batman: The Animated Series/Justice League Unlimited/Gotham Girls/Young Justice): There is no secret that I like magic and the magicians who pull it off. But no magician is that sexy and fearless than the daughter of Giovanni Zatara, Zatanna. Don't like her look of being a sexy magician's assistant fool you, she is anything but a magician's assistant. You forget, she learned magic from her father and after his passing, she became an even more powerful magician, even surpassing him. Whether it's putting a fire out with ease or turning a group of perverted thugs into frogs, Zatanna is one magician you don't want to mess with. Not bad for a leggy dame in nylons...or did I just complemented her sexiness. :D
19. Wasp (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes): One of the foundering members of the legendary superhero team known as the Avengers. Janet van Dyne aka the Wasp is one feisty little bug. Even though she shares she same Pym Particles as her partner/lover Hank Pym aka Ant-Man/Giant Man/Yellowjacket, unlike Hank, when she's tiny, she spouts wings, enabling her to fly like the insect of the same name. Although perky, cute and downright sexy (whether in her uniform or in a skimpy bikini, if they have unstable molecules, of course), they don't call her the Wasp for nothing, for she will sting you with Wasp's Sting. OUCH!!
18. White Tiger (Ultimate Spider-Man): From the line of feline superheroes from the Marvel Universe, which includes the Black Panther and Tigra, comes Ava Ayala aka White Tiger. Wearing a tiger shaped pendant, White Tiger gives her the abilities of that of a tiger, just like her father, who was the original White Tiger. She is part of Spider-Man's team, recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D.. Unlike her other teammates, she is the serious one of the team, whether with her studies or training to be a superhero (she needs a boyfriend, seriously!). But her relationship with Spidey began as rocky until their fight with Kraven the Hunter, changed everything, when Ava's quest for vengeance against Kraven mirrors Spidey's own quest for vengeance against his Uncle Ben's killer, which ends with Spidey sparring him when he realized that it was the same guy who failed to stop, prompting the lesson "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility." After hearing about his story about what he's been through, Ava founds new found respect for Spidey, even though she still sees him as a goofball from time to time. Overall, whether in her catsuit, literally, or in a bikini (if she only removed that sarong. Stupid censors), White Tiger is one cool, sexy cat and I am proud that she carries the same last name as I. What an honor. :)
17. Sam Manson (Danny Phantom): One of Danny's dearest friends, who later became more than just his friend. ;) What's more awesome than a Goth girl? A Goth girl who is also a vegan! And whenever you do, don't ever call her Samantha, or you will end up in the short end of a Fenton Thermos.
16. Melanie Walker/Ten (Batman Beyond): A member of the Royal Flush Gang (or rather use to be), Melanie aka Ten was like the other members of her family, a common thief. All that changed when she met future Batman, Terry McGinnis, who, at the time, has a temporary break up with his girlfriend, Dana Tan. If was love at first sight, or so he thought, when he figured out that Melanie was a member of the Royal Flush Gang. Although arrested, thanks to Terry, Melanie had a change of heart and left her family. Melanie is to Terry like Catwoman is to Batman. I wanted to go with Aquagirl, but I picture her more of a mother/sister like figure to me, so I went with Melanie instead. Although I am for a Terry/Dana relationship, but I like Melanie for other reasons, other than a fan-divided love triangle. She is sexy, beautiful and if you go beyond her criminal past, she is honest and kind. After all, she is voiced by the same gal who co-starred with Fred Savage on The Wonder Years and played Princess Jenna in Conan the Destroyer, alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Jenna: "I suppose nothing hurts you."
Conan: "Only PAIN!"
15. American Maid (The Tick): What do you get when you cross Wonder Woman with an ordinary maid? American Maid, that's who! Unlike all the other maids, French or otherwise, this maid cleans up the City of all of its crime, figuratively and quite literally. She is strong-willed, she's got legs and takes no guff to anyone. Not only she respects the Tick, but she has a on/off relationship with Die Fledermaus, who, unlike Batman, scares himself more than the criminals. Ouch!
14. Princess Teegra: (Fire & Ice): From the mind of Ralph Bakshi (and straight from a drawing of a Conan-esqe drawing from Frank Frazetta), comes this underrated hottest cartoon girl, who puts the emphasis on "HOT". From being a typical damsel of distress to holding her own in the end, Teegra is one sexy princess, all because she spends most of the movie in her bikini. RROAWR! By the way, did you know that Kokoro from the Dead or Alive series looks a bit like Teegra, right down to the hairstyle and the bikinis she wears? Whoever did her when doing DOA4 and the DOA Xtreme series, must be a fan of Fire & Ice, especially a fan of Teegra. What an honor. Besides, it was either her or Holli Would from Cool World. But, I figured Teegra was sympathetic than a Doodle seductress like Holli, who is out for herself. Just sayin'.
13. Jem (Jem and the Holograms): Jerrica Benton is a sweet and kind business woman, who runs Starlight Music, which in turn, makes money for the orphans at Starlight House. But secretly, except to her fellow Holograms and Synergy, she is Jem, the up and rising musical icon. That gal gave us MTV within every episode, back when MTV use to have music videos 24/7, not this reality garbage we see today. Not only Jem is awesome with her singing voice, but her fashion is, what her sister Kimber often describes her as, Outrageous! Whether she's a kind-hearted business woman or a legendary rock star, Jem will always bring a smile to everyone's face with her music. Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus got nothing on Jem!
12. Cheetara (Thundercats): The Nostalgia Critic once said in his Top 11 list, "What do you get when Angelina Jolie and Chester Cheetah have a love child?" You get this bombshell speedster and hence her name, she is as fast as a cheetah. Fast, beautiful, no-nonsense, she will definitely run circles around Mumm-Ra. Whether it's the original or the short-lived reboot, Cheetara will definitely give the Flash a run for his money, no pun intended.
11. Scarlett & Lady Jaye (G.I. Joe): I couldn't decide which female Joe I want to put on the list. So, if it's alright with Stefan, I want to put both of them sharing the number 11 spot. Anyway, Master Sgt. Shanna O'Hara and Sgt. Allison-Hart Burnett aka Scarlett and Lady Jaye are my favorite female Joes. Although the Baroness is sexy, but you know me, I always go with the good guys. Sorry, darling. Besides, both Scarlett and Lady Jaye are both fearless and can hold their own like their male counterparts. And their weapons of choice symbolizes them completely. Scarlett has her crossbow while Lady Jaye has her javelins. But the difference between them is while Lady Jaye has a stable relationship with Flint, Scarlett has a complicated love triangle with both Duke and Snake Eyes, which continues to divide the fan base to this day. Despite this and everything in between, I know some people bash me over not picking the Baroness, but I am not saying she is not sexy, especially with her skintight leather jumpsuit, her glasses and her accent, I just want to go with the winning side, so I went with Scarlett and Lady Jaye, my two favorite female Joes, sharing number 11. YO JOE!!
10. Harley Quinn (Batman: The Animated Series): One of Batman's foes, who didn't originate in the comics, but from other media. Of all the henchmen the Joker had, there is one hench-wench that lived out than the rest. Originally Dr. Harleen Quinzel, she once worked at Arkham Asylum until she became fascinated with the Joker himself. So much so, she quit her practice and became the feisty yet equally psychotic fruitcake that she is today, almost as psychotic as her "Puddin'." Since then, she became part of the comic continuity, mostly in the Batman universe. Not just in comics, but also in video games, being more sexier than she was when she first appeared in the animated series. Whether she is voiced by Arleen Sorkin or Tara Strong, Harley can be cute and deadly at the same time. Talk about "Mad Love" right there.
9. Rogue (X-Men): There have been many versions of the character, whether she is portrayed as, whether a troubled kid in the movies or as an emo from X-Men: Evolution. But this version of Rogue is the Rogue we all know and love, straight from the 90s cartoon itself. A lovely southern belle who can fly and is super strong. Many men wanted to date her, but there is one flaw with her, her mutant power. Whether someone touches her or when she touches someone, she absorbs their memories and lifeforce, leaving them in a coma. But if you are a mutant, she can absorb your powers, too. Despite this, Rogue is one of the most popular characters of the X-Men, next to the likes of Cyclops, Gambit, Storm and especially Wolverine. To quote the Cajun himself, she can drain my energy anytime. G'night, Sugah! :D
8. XJ9/Jenny (My Life as a Teenage Robot): The pride and joy of Dr. Nora Wakeman (or so she thinks). Defense Robot XJ9, or Jenny to her friends, was created to defend the Earth from natural disasters and hostile invaders, especially the Cluster. But as much as Jenny likes to save the world, all she ever wanted to be was an ordinary teenager and have friends. But there is nothing ordinary about this teenage robot. She is sweet, adorkable, fearless, and she speaks Japanese very well (after all, she is voiced by Janice Kawaye). Like Danny Phantom and Avatar Aang, she is one Nicktoon hero I like to fight alongside with against the forces of evil, especially those who want to end animation forever. That, and having a nice convo with Jenny, even learning the Japanese language pretty well. :D
7. Miss Martian (Young Justice): The niece of J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter. M'gann M'orzz aka Miss Martian is the bridge that keeps the team together. Unlike most Martians, she was born a white Martian, very different, and very dangerous. But unlike the other white Martians, she is not dangerous and hostile. Thankfully, she was able to change into a green humanoid Martian like her uncle and blend in real good, even changing into a human, thanks to the TV show, which she based her catchphrase from, "Hello Megan!". Like J'onn, M'gann has the ability to change density in her body, shapeshift and of course, read people's minds. But unlike her uncle, her telepathic powers were not under control at that time cause using them a lot, can cause a person to end up in a catatonic state. But she got better over time. Of all the characters in Young Justice, Miss Martian is my favorite. Whether she has long hair or as a tomboy, she is perky, kind, funny and the one friend you want to pal along with, as long as her powers don't go out of control in front of you. Overall, despite Cartoon Network not giving love with this show at least there are some people who still love Young Justice to this day, even me and M'gann will never be forgotten as long as we like still believe in the show and in her. Say it with me people: HELLO MEGAN!!"
6. Rapunzel (Tangled): The most, perkiest Disney princess of all and she isn't afraid to whack you with her frying pan. Whenever I see Rapunzel smile or when she sings, which causes her 70ft. long hair to glow, I often think of her as the kid sister than you want to hang out with, you know, have adventures and share stories with one another. She is kind, friendly and not afraid to speak her mind. She is indeed one flower that gleams and glows.
5. Elsa (Frozen): The queen of Arendelle, whose beauty and powers matches that of winter. But like the season itself, she can come in both ways, sometimes beautiful and sometimes dangerous and I suggest you stay on her good side. Other than that, and despite being born with powers of winter, underneath the snow, she is sweet, kind, and can be playful at times. Wish I had a cool aunt like Elsa, after all, we could all thank Idina Menzel for bringing this wonderfully cool character to life. After all, the cold never really bothers her anyway.
4. She-Ra (She-Ra: Princess of Power): The twin sister of Prince Adam aka He-Man. Princess Adora aka She-Ra is as equally strong as her brother and also very clever and wise, fighting against Hordak and the Horde to free all of Etheria. Her Sword of Protection puts Batman's utility belt to shame (e.g. lasso, shield, etc.). Even though Wonder Woman gave female characters a chance to be more than just damsels in distress, She-Ra did a whole lot more, with grace, honor and elegance. If Sailor Moon was looking for a teacher who would teach her to be a great warrior, it would be the Princess of Power herself.
3. Supergirl (Superman: The Animated Series): The cousin of Superman. Kara In-Ze Zor-El aka Supergirl has all of her cousins powers, and a whole lot more. She is sweet, perky, feisty and kind. I know it sounds silly, but after watching the cartoon back when the Hub Network was awesome, I have fallen for Kara. She has since became my fictional crush. When I get a girlfriend someday, I wish she would be awesome and sweet, just like Supergirl. Why not? Paul Dini had a ficitional crush on Zatanna until he married real life Zatanna, Misty Lee. Anything is possible. Who knows?
2. Jessica Rabbit (Who Framed Roger Rabbit): The voluptuous, red-headed bombshell of a wife of cartoon star, Roger Rabbit. Singing at the Ink and Paint Club, Jessica is known to seduce everybody she sees. Even though she is curvy, busty and has seductive voice, she is not all bad. Despite giving bad vibes around she goes, she is otherwise sympathetic and remorseful, especially with Roger, who makes her laugh, by the way. After all, like she always says, she is not bad...she is just drawn that way. Very drawn, indeed. :D
1. Ariel (The Little Mermaid): Didn't see that one coming! Even though Jessica Rabbit helped start Disney's second golden age slowly, but it was Ariel herself that jumpstarted it all the way. As I stated before, Ariel is the most kind, caring and lovable character in the history of animation. The daughter of King Triton of Atlantica, Ariel longs to live in the human world. Although beautiful and kind as I mentioned, she is also flawed. For she is headstrong, stubborn and often get into trouble. But she is not perfect, no one is. Despite her flaws and once you go beyond them, you will get use of Ariel, just as I have. Whether she's a human or a mermaid, she is not a bad character. If anything, it's those who hate The Little Mermaid with a passion, who bashed her the most and never getting use to her real character like I have. Above all, her beautiful voice, whether it's done by either Traci Hines or Jodi Benson, will always calm my soul. Overall, whether a headstrong teenager or a devoted mother, Ariel will always be, pardon the expression, part of our world. Moreso than you think, especially making my dreams come true.
Well, that is my Top 20 Hottest Cartoon Girls of All Time. Hope you enjoyed them. Until next time, stay frosty!
(Friends in My Heart by Yoko Shimomura plays)